The process of buying or selling a home or property can be overwhelming. But with knowledgeable, strategic, enthusiastic real estate agents on your side, the real estate process can be an enjoyable one. At McMillan & Associates in Bay Minette, AL, our firm has more experience and knowledge than any other firm in the North Baldwin area. We are honored to be able to help our neighbors each day, helping them find the perfect homes for their families.
Finding Your Perfect Home is Easy With McMillan & Associates
Below, you can find helpful links and information to help you make the best possible decisions when it comes to buying and selling.
Top 5 Real Estate Tips
- Get pre-qualified for a loan. Most buyers do not purchase their homes in full in cash. Before beginning the home search, work with mortgage loan specialist to figure out how much of a loan you qualify for. This way, you will know the amount of cash you will need to purchase the home. Plus, the specialist will be able to provide you with information on the different types of loans out there, so you can make an educated decision.
- Make sure to choose an agent who is qualified and knowledgeable. At McMillan & Associates, our agents are more experienced than real estate agents at any other firm in the area. That means, if you are a buyer, we can find you the perfect home at the best price. If you’re a seller, we will list your property, making sure the right people see it, and we will help you select a competitive price.
- If you are selling your home, make sure your entire property looks its absolute best, so that it is sure to appeal to potential buyers. That means making sure your lawn, sidewalks, shrubs, and plants are taken care of; the interior and exterior of your home are scrubbed; any cobwebs are removed; and other maintenance and improvement tasks are completed. During a showing, make sure your home looks and feels welcoming to your guests!
- If you are buying a home, create a checklist of your needs and wants. This will help keep you organized as you are looking at different homes to view. For example, if you find yourself being swayed by a home that has the porch you really want but doesn’t have the number of bedrooms you need, keeping your checklist by your side will keep you focused, so you find a home that truly meets your requirements.
- Start packing early. You don’t want to be rushed when it comes to going through your belongings. Be sure to get rid of anything you don’t need in order to make the move quicker. Then, start by packing the items that you won’t need in the immediate future. Make sure every box is labeled and properly sealed so nothing falls out or breaks.
Have questions about the real estate process?
Ready to get started selling your home or purchasing a new one? Contact our agents today at 251-937-9546. We look forward to working with you!